Every spring LCC hosts a Spring Clean Up Day to show our building and grounds some TLC. For obvious reasons, we are not hosting a Clean Up Day this year, even though our facilities still need a little care.
We’re asking you to partner with us in safely caring for our building and grounds. Your hard work will raise funds that will directly contribute to a local food bank or food pantry. Here’s how it will work:
- You (and your family) choose a task (or two)
- Each task has a dollar value attached. When you complete tasks, a dollar amount will accrue for your family. When you are done, that dollar amount will be donated to a local food bank in your honor.
- Let us know what day in the month of June or July you will stop by the church. We’ll make sure the number of people in the building will adhere to legal protocols to keep you as safe as possible.
- We have all the supplies and we will let you in the building when you arrive.
Here are the tasks the church needs:
- Add flowers to flower bed ($5 per person)
- Install A/C units in church office ($10 per A/C unit)
- Clean windows in foyer and front doors ($10 per person)
- Clean pews ($10 per person)
- Install storm door to office apt. door ($10)
- Cut limbs in playground area and office ($10)
- Rake and remove leaves and branches from north side corner of Olsen Center ($10 per person)
- Paint metal back door of kitchen door and hand rails ($15 per person)
- Clean oven in Mckaig kitchen ($10)
- In garage move bags of salt to back area of garage on pallet ($10)
- Remove steel cabinet from back of sanctuary out to curb ($5 per person)
- Cut some limbs off north side front tree ($10)
- Remove and replace new picket fencing by north side tree in front and paint ($20)
- Remove to curb another metal cabinet in basement of church office ($5 per person)
We have all the supplies and the funds. We just need YOU!
Kindly note, bathrooms are not open in the church until a plan is in place to regularly sanitize between uses.
Once you (and your family) have completed some tasks, your total earned dollar amount will be donated to one of the food banks of your choosing in Nyack:
- Sunday Supper at Living Christ Church
- Soup Angels at First Reformed Church
- Grace Church Thursday Morning Breakfast
- Vincent de Paul (at St. Ann’s Church) Food Pantry
To find out more information about Spring Clean Up Day, contact Kier Levesque at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 845-507-2357
To schedule your date and task, contact Joe Rodriguez at email@example.com or 845-548-9465
All other questions can be directed to Laura Dent at firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-535-1536