If you have children at home of any age, quarantine presents unique challenges for you. Below are some resources for you to help navigate during quarantine:
- Crisis Conversation Guides (Parent Cue) – Downloadable guides for tough conversations about “crisis” with preschool, elementary, middle, and high school students (available in English and Spanish)
- Anxiety Conversation Guides (Parent Cue) – Downloadable guides for tough conversations about anxiety with preschool, elementary, middle, and high school students (available in English and Spanish)
- Managing Fear and Anxiety During a Health Pandemic (Parent Cue) – A helpful article with comprehensive recommendations to help manage anxiety and fear.
- Navigating the Pandemic with Your Kids (Melissa J. McDonald) – Melissa McDonald, the Vice President of the Board of Directors for INCM (International Network of Children’s Ministry) lists some tips for talking to kids about the pandemic.
- Truth That Stands (Melissa J. McDonald) – Melissa McDonald has some words of encouragement for you and your family along with some encouraging verses from scripture.
- 10 Ways to Create Family Memories During the Pandemic (Melissa J. McDonald) – Melissa McDonald spurs you to treasure the gift of your family by creating special memories with them (and here are 10 simple, practical suggestions to try).
Thank you to our Children & Family and Youth ministries for compiling a few resources for parents and families. If you have questions (or suggestions) please contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary at email@example.com